Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Self Portrait in Christmas Bauble

My goal for the project was to draw a self portrait in a christmas bauble. I accomplished this goal by holding a bauble and drawing (with chalk) the distortions that I saw. I added colors to make the drawing pop. I looked at the distortions that were portrayed in the bauble to helped the drawing look more three-dimensional. I was very hard to draw the distortions and ignore what I usually would see. It was also hard to make the bauble look like a sphere. My drawing really works in the hand  that I drew. I learned that the artwork will not be perfect because of the distortions and unclear image in the bauble. Escher's artwork inspired me. He disoriented his artwork confusing the mind. If I had a do-over, I would use more complementary colors to make the drawing stand out more and compliment each other. 



No comments:

Post a Comment