Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Chistmas Card Printing
My goal for this project was to carve a design into linoleum plate and then role ink onto it to print christmas cards. I accomplished this goal by using a linoleum gouge to carve the design out of the plate. I then was able to use a brayer to roll ink onto the plate and finally press it to paper, using a barren to help transfer the ink. It was hard to carve the small detail and the words. My project really works in the texture of the background, looking like bark/wood, and the complimentary colors. I learned that each print is different and you should a lot and then pick the best. If I had a do-over, I would be careful about how much paint I put onto the plate... I put too much paint on for a few of the prints and they turned out smudged and messy-looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment