Monday, November 19, 2018

Face Charcoal Drawing


Face Charcoal Drawing Artist Statement 
My goal for the project was to draw my face with shadows. I accomplished this goal by putting charcoal on the paper and then erasing it to bring my face out of the dark. I looked for the very bring white color and the very hard dark blacks to make it look like my face is coming out of the dark. It was very hard to proportion my face and draw my eyes. My charcoal drawing really works because it looks like me. I was able to properly draw my nose and cheekbone. I learned that drawing the black background first makes it easier to brighten the rest of the drawing. Andrew Wyeth's artwork inspired me. He portrayed very dark and light colors in his artwork that assisted each other, making the bright colors come out of the dark. If I had a do-over, I would try to proportion the eyes to the face better. I feel that the bright's and dark's really work in my charcoal drawing and that makes it realistic. Also, the face looks like me making it work.



4 comments:

  1. The angle is very interesting. Even though the eyes are large, the style you put on it makes it stand out and work. I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you used different light tones. It really makes your work pop and look dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you blend into the darkness super cool stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so much like you and i can tell you used a lot of effort.

    ReplyDelete