Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Joy Series- Swimming

Swimming
My series is about swimming. My goal was to show my love of swimming in the drawings. I accomplished the goal by interpreting color into a silver bracelet that my grandmother gave me. I looked at the reflections in the lighting and added color into my drawing. My drawing really works because I used warm and cool colors throughout the series to connect one drawing to another. When I drew the charm with warm colors I used a cool background to compliment the colors. I looked at Jim Dine's bathrobe series to aid me in drawing my series. He drew the same bathrobe but used different colors in each to make the drawings complement each other. I drew a hard line in the background of all of my drawings to connect the drawings and make the line flow from one drawing to another. One of the challenges I faced was that it's very hard to interpret color into a "colorless" piece of jewelry. I had to look in the reflection for color and then emphasized the boldness of color in the drawings. Also, I make the charm get bigger each drawing, putting emphasis on the swimmer in the charm. I learned that using cool and warm colors really compliment each other and makes the series flow. If I had a do-over I would make the charm colors bolder than the background to make the charm pop. I admires Heather's artwork, she used complimentary colors in her series and they appeal to the eye. 



No comments:

Post a Comment